ORBERA™ Gastric Balloon: A New Non-surgical Way to Lose Weight
About the ORBERA™ Intragastric Balloon
ORBERA™, also known as the “stomach balloon,” is a non-surgical weight loss procedure designed to help adults with obesity to lose weight and keep it off. If you have a Body Mass Index (BMI) of 30 to 40 and have failed to lose weight through diet, exercise or other conservative methods, ORBERA™ may be right for you.
ORBERA™ is a soft yet durable silicone balloon that is inserted into the stomach using a non-surgical procedure, then filled with saline until it’s about the size of a grapefruit. This fills space in your stomach, which helps you to feel satisfied eating smaller portions of food. The balloon is part of the ORBERA™ Managed Weight Loss System – a comprehensive, two-part program that lasts 12 months and includes coaching in nutrition and lifestyle changes to maintain weight loss long-term. After six months, the balloon is removed from the stomach, while the patient continues to receive coaching and support for a full year.
More Facts About ORBERA™
For many, the weight loss journey leaves patients with little support or options in the gap between diet & exercise and surgery. ORBERA™ can safely and effectively fill that gap.
ORBERA™ is an FDA-approved weight loss solution that focuses on developing sustainable, healthy habits that will help you keep the weight off over time along with the support of our Bariatric Support Team.
- ORBERA™ is the number one global market leader for gastric balloons with more than 220,000 ORBERA™ balloons distributed worldwide in over 80 countries.
- For more than 20 years, the global medical community has been using gastric balloons from the makers of ORBERA™ to help thousands of people lose weight.
- ORBERA™ has been evaluated in over 230 published papers worldwide.
ORBERA™ Clinical Results
- At month six, the ORBERA™ group achieved a mean of 38.4 percent Excess Weight Loss (EWL) while Mean Total Body Weight Loss (TBWL) at six months was 10.2 percent for the treatment group compared to 3.3 percent TBWL for the control group.
- The ORBERA™ group lost 3.1 times as much weight as the control group at six months.
- The ORBERA™ group also lost significantly more weight than the control group over the course of the study, and was able to maintain significant weight loss through month 12, six months after removal of the device.
Is ORBERA™ Right for You?
To learn more about ORBERA™ and whether it’s right for you, schedule a personal consultation with one of our certified physicians by filling out a form on our Contact Us page.